Friday, March 20, 2009

Sengoku 7 Results

Alright everyone it's time to wrap up the last major card of March (and no I'm not including "March Badness" as a major card and neither should you). Sengoku 7 took place at 3AM ET this morning in Japan. This was the first round of their FW grand prix.

"King Mo" also returned to action on this card. Let's run down the results:



Hatsu Hioki v. Chris Manuel

Hioki wins by arm triangle in the first round. I gave Manuel too much credit in this fight but I did get the pick right.



Hideki Kadakowi v. Nam Phan

Phan wins by TKO in the first. I picked this one right on the nose.



LC Davis v. Michihiro Omigawa

Omigawa wins the unanimous decision. I got this pick wrong.



Matt Jaggers v. Marlon Sandro

Sandro wins by arm triangle in the second round. I gave Jaggers too little credit but I still got the pick right.



Kim Jong Man v. Masanori Kanehara

Kanehara wins by unanimous decision. I got the pick right but not the prediction.



Shintaro Ishiwatari v. Jung Chan Sung

Jung wins by rear naked choke in the first round. I was way off on this fight.



Ronnie Mann v. Tetsuya Yamada

Mann wins by unanimous decision. I got the pick right but not the prediction.



Seya Kawahara v. Nick Denis

Denis wins by TKO in the first round. I got the pick right but not the prediction.



Muhammad Lawal v. Ryo Kawamura

Lawal wins by unanimous decision. I got the pick right not the prediction.



James Thompson v. Jim York

York wins by KO in the first round. I picked this one right on the button.



I think the biggest upset of the night goes to Omigawa. A lot of people had Davis as their sleeper of the GP. Performance of the night has to go to Phan for dropping a top 15 FW in Kadakowi inside the first round.

I had a great night going 8-2 with two bonus points for the picking the fight perfectly.

Alright folks that's all for now. Stay tuned for my April fighter rankings coming soon. Also, on the way next week is my UFN 18 preview.

Until then, soccer kicks and head stomps...

No comments: