Sunday, March 8, 2009

DREAM 7 Review

This review will be a lot quicker than usual since I don't get HDNet and can't watch these fights. It will be more fight results than anything else. Let's see what happened in the first round of DREAM's FW grand prix.

Takafumi Otsuka v. Bibiano Fernandes: Fernandes wins by unanimous decision. I got this one wrong.

Chase Beebe v. Joe Warren: Warren wins by TKO in the first round on a cut. Again I was wrong.

Akiyo Nishiura v. Abel Cullum: Cullum wins by unanimous decision. I picked this one right on the button.

Yoshiro Maeda v. Micah Miller: Maeda wins by unanimous decision. I was off on this one too.

Hiroyuki Takaya v. Jong Won Kim: Takaya wins by TKO in the second round. I got the pick right but not the prediction.

Masakazu Imanari v. Atsushi Yamamoto: Imanari wins by split decision. I picked this one right on the money as "Kid" Yamamoto's biggest challenge stays alive.

Mitsuhiro Ishida v. Daisuke Nakamura: Ishida wins by unanimous decision. I picked this one right on the nose.

Shinya Aoki v. David Gardner: Aoki wins by rear naked choke in the first round. Again, I picked this one perfectly. Aoki gets an important successful tune up before he enters the DREAM WW grand prix in April.

Tatsuya Kawajiri v. Ross Ebanez: Kawajiri wins by rear naked choke in the first round. I got the pick right but not the prediction.

Sergei Kharitnov who was rumored to fight on this card did not fight. There are no rumors of him fighting for DREAM in April as of this writing.

Overall I had a solid night going 6-3 plus four bonus points for getting the predictions right. It will be interesting to see how the FW match ups shakeout after the last FW opening round fight takes place at DREAM 8 in April. Stay tuned for my Sengoku 7 preview and review later this month as the other major Japanese promotion gets rolling. My fighter rankings for April will come out shortly after that card takes place. Until then,

Soccer kicks and head stomps...

No comments: