Friday, November 7, 2008

TUF 8 Episode 8 Recap

It's that time of week again folks. Time to peek into the world of the most immature 20 somethings on the planet who happen to fight for a living. The first half of this show goes into far too much detail on how because people from opposite teams are stealing food from each other they decide to get even by peeing and ejaculating into their own food so the other team will steal it and eat it. This goes on for a completely disgusting half an hour and I'm thinking about suing Spike TV to get reparations on the 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back after watching that. In any case this week's fight was between Dave Kaplan (aka Frank Mir's bff) and Philippe Nover (aka the Brooklyn Brawler). Before the fight Nover introduces everyone to Balut which is basically cooked eggs that are almost ready to hatch. It's like having the chicken and the egg at the same time! (barf) So after two episodes that make me want to throw up in my mouth they finally move on to the fight after Junie acts like a little bitch some more.

Round 1: Philippe looks sharp in the stand up sending Kaplan to the mat quickly. From there he quickly moves to side control before Kaplan gives up his back and Nover chokes him out with no problem.

Philippe is really starting to look like the real deal. I'm thinking it's going be him and Junie in the finals (assuming Junie doesn't flip out). I'm so happy Philippe is representing Brooklyn hard! Kaplan and Mir both look distraught as if some major injustice had been done. I think they're blinded by their passionate love for each other (or their supsersized love of themselves) to realize how bad he just got worked over. In any case it's one less Mir guy in the next round and I'm all for that. That's all for now. Stay tuned next week for my TUF recap and my UFC 91 preview. Until then,

Soccer kicks and head stomps...

No comments: