Monday, July 21, 2008

Revised Heavyweight Rankings

With this weeks Affliction card shaking things up I thought I'd do an impromptu update:

1. Fedor Emelianenko: I really thought between the time off and the less than stellar competition he would be really rusty but he proved why he's the best and I will not doubt Fedor until someone proves otherwise. He took out a top 10 heavyweight in Tim Sylvia like Sylvia was a child. I'm not even sure Randy Couture in his heart of hearts wants this fight anymore. Fedor is simply an animal.

2. Antonio Rodrigo Noegeuira: You have to beat the champ to be the champ and no one has done that so he's still my number 2 behind Fedor.

3. Andrei Arlovski: Totally outclassed a top 10 heavyweight in Ben Rothwell and looks more focused than ever to stay competitive in MMA.

4. Fabricio Werdum: His win over Brandon Vera is not looking as impressive these days.

5. Josh Barnett: Crushed Pedro Rizzo but are any of us really surprised?

Stay tuned for my P4P rankings that I was waiting to do until after Saturday night and my Elite XC preview. Until then,

Soccer kicks and head stomps...

No comments: