Alright folks here are my updated divisional rankings. Most of these haven't changed since last month. But a couple divisions have so I thought I'd drop a quick update on you. If nothing changed there won't be any comments.
1. Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
2. Fedor Emelianenko
3. Fabricio Werdum
4. Andrei Arlovski
5. Josh Barnett
1. Forrest Griffin: Just beat Rampage last night to become the UFC light heavyweight champion. After beating Rampage and Shogun Rua he definitely deserves this spot for right now. Until someone beats him he earned this.
2. Lyoto Machida: Undefeated and next in line for a title shot (assuming Dana White doesn't give an immediate rematch to Rampage).
3. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson: Lost to Forrest last night but by beating Liddell and Henderson in succession he still deserves to be ahead of them until one of them proves otherwise.
4. Chuck Liddell: Looking to throw his name into number one contender status by beating Rashad Evan in Sept.
5. Dan Henderson: Looking for his next opponent at 205 (maybe a rematch with Anderson Silva at 205??)
1. Anderson Silva
2. Rich Franklin
3. Paulo Filho
4. Robbie Lawler
5. Yushin Okami
1. Georges St. Pierre
2. Jon Fitch
3. Thiago Alves
4. Josh Koscheck
5. Diego Sanchez: He's looked dominant since his loss to Jon Fitch. Will fight Alves for the number 1 contender spot.
* Jake Shields fell out due to Sanchez's strong performance and Shield's lack of activity.
Lightweight and below:
1. BJ Penn (155)
2. Urijah Faber (145)
3. Miguel Torres (135)
4. Takanori Gomi (155)
5. Shinya Aoki (155)
That's all for now. Stay tuned for my P4P update, Affliction preview, and UFC Fight Night preview. Until then,
Soccer kicks and head stomps...